Do you want to Organic Traffic? Probably Yes! Then only you are reading this post.
Organic Traffic is the major source of site traffic. 50% of traffic on any website comes from organic traffic where as only 5% cover with social share. It is most important to grow your business online. Some researchers said that Organic Search Is Actually Responsible for 64% of Your Web Traffic while other consider 33%. But, one thing is very clear that Organic Traffic is a major source for any site traffic.Source – BrightEdge
This is not in any one sector but every sector has high traffic from the organic source only. Now come to question “Do you also want more organic search traffic to your site?” and I won’t think that your answer will be No.
If you are a new blogger or started a new online business website, then the first thing you need is to show up in the search results. To come in search results you need to index your new blog for Google, Bing, or any other search engines.
You have two option to do the same.
- First one Tortoise approach.
- The second one is You need to make it happen.
First one (i.e. Tortoise approach) is very simple and easy – Just sit back and Relax, Wait for it happens naturally, It may take weeks or even month to get index your site.
Another method is that you need to do it and make it happen. I don’t know about you but, surely I want to index my blog ASAP and start generating organic traffic because it will give more time to build my audience.
In this post, you will learn some useful tips to index the site fast in this step-by-step guide!
What is Indexing?
Indexing is nothing but just to maintain the records in the index. Just like your TextBook in which every chapter is mention in your index page with the page no. in order to make your reading easily. In search engine also same things happen.
Googlebot or web spider go through every page of the website and collect the data to list out in the Google database. When the user makes any search query then Googlebot shows the same index site to the search result page. Whenever Google visits your site, it detects new and updated pages and updates the Google index.
Now You may be wondering is indexing required?
Yes, indexing required for you your website to rank faster in the search engine. Without your site index, a Search engine will not show your site in the SERP. So it is required!
Not only this your site must be re-indexing frequently. Then only web index will be updated always and Search engine will show the result more accurate.
Search engines like Google don’t just update automatically. They rely on the web spider. (Spider is a computer code based boats who visit one page to another and capture the data in Index.) It is Spider job to check for the new page and if it new page then they will update in the data base as a new page or they will update the old contents.
Spider is not so much smart that they will index the site automatically but you have to force to index the site. Frequent indexing improves your search results and also it helps in the SERP. So, the reason Index is required and it is so much important.
Let’s see the steps to Index the blog or website.
Step 1: Site Is Already Index Or Not?
Before proceeding to index the Site, First, we need to verify whether the site is already index or not?
If you are not aware how to check the site is Index or not. No need to worry!
The easiest way to check this is to search site:yourdomain.com in Google. If Google knows your site exists and has already crawled it, you’ll see a list of results similar to the one for YTechWeb.com in the screenshot below:
If you are getting a result like an image then Your site is index. Else you will get result something saying like this
Your search – Site:yourdomain.com – did not match any documents.
- Make sure that all words are spelled correctly.
- Try different keywords.
- Try more general keywords.
If your site is index then Good enjoy, If not index then you have to index it. We will guide You.
Step 2. Google Analytics And Search Console Setup
If you have Already setup the Google Analytics and Search Console then you can skip it. There are many free tools for the webmaster by the Google. Google analytics and Search Console are also one of them.
Search console is formally known as Google webmaster, It used to maintain the Website performance on the Google Search engine like last crawled, Index status, site error etc. It also allows you to manual index the site.
Google Analytics is another great tool, It measure who visited Site, from where on which device he has visited along with how many time he spends on your page.
Let’s see the steps of Setup of Google Analytics.
See important point Googlebot Crawling each website but Index only Quality page, not each and every page. Here are the things that how Googlebot identify which are the Quality page and which is not. Well from here only you will get the answer of How to Index New Website or Blog More Quickly in Google.
Here are very Few points in short.
The basic thing you need is that you must have Sitemap for your website which is submitted on the Search Console.
- Create Sitemaps
- Submit it on Search Console
- wait for the Googlebot to index the website after crawling it.
- Install Google Analytics- well this is for the tracking purposes but it also helps Google to search new website
- Another method to crawl faster and submit to index is faster is Submit the URL of the website directly to Webmaster URL TOOLS. So submit your website URL to Google by signing into your Google Account and going to the Submit URL option in Webmaster Tools. their well submits to index option will come. Fetch as Google one option given by search console, use that for the more faster index.
- Create or Update Social Profiles- This is one of the most important as Googlebot gives preferences for the back links. One way to get some quick links is by creating social networking profiles for your new website or adding a link to your new website to pre-existing profiles. This includes Twitter profiles, Facebook pages, Google+ profiles or pages, LinkedIn profiles or company pages, Pinterest profiles, and YouTube channels. This will comes as share your new post link on social media to get more backlink to your website
- Create Offsite Content – Again, to help in the link building process, get some more links to your new website by creating off-site content such as submitting guest posts to blogs in your niche, articles to quality article directories, and press releases to services that offer SEO optimization and distribution. Please note this is about quality content from quality sites – you don’t want spammy content from spammy sites because that just tells Google that your website is spammy.
How to Get Your New Blog Discovered
Another method to get high Page rank your website must have quality as well as quantity contents. Try for different directories to submit the post this will also give you many unique visit and help in more easily discovered.
Hope this post will solve your query if you have any more query related to post give a comment we will short it.
(Update: This Post is First Published on May 10, 2016, and on 05th September 2017 it is republished with new update to keep the content updated )